Charitable Giving Plan
Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Foundation
2014/2015 Charitable Giving Plan
The Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association (GLVADA) is the trade association representing 55 franchised new auto dealerships covering 85 franchises in the Greater Lehigh Valley area. In addition to promoting their members and assisting these businesses being as successful as possible, they strive to support their community, local businesses, and the families who work for them. In association with the Pennsylvania Automotive Association Foundation, the GLVADA Fund is administered by the Bryn Mawr Trust. Each year the Pennsylvania Automotive Association Foundation with representative from GLVADA establishes spending policies to be used by the Association in donating to charities in that given year. These dollars, in addition to a percentage of revenues gained at its annual Auto Show, make up the pool of funds available for the GLVADA Board of Directors to give to charities in its community.
Based on the recommendation of its Donations Committee, the GLVADA Board of Directors has established the focus of giving to be on children and children oriented activities. The priority for this giving is local agencies, whose services support those individuals living and working in our community.
In July of this year, the GLVADA Board of Directors will determine the total amount of funds available for distribution through its grant program. This dollar amount is determined, in part, by the financial success of the auto show.
All grant applications must be received in the GLVADA offices by August 6th, 2014. They may be sent via U.S. Postal Service or by email. GLVADA’s Charitable Donations Committee will review all proposals and make final recommendations for the Board Approval in September. Applicants will be notified by late September of their grant’s status with awards presented to approved agencies in October at the Association’s Fall Membership meeting.
The Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association is most likely to support programs and services of organizations that have been approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charity and that fall into the following general areas:
- Children and Youth
- Auto Industry-specific Education and Training
GLVADA generally does not fund:
- Requests from organizations without a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Religious, sectarian, labor or fraternal organizations
- Political candidates or lobbying organizations
- Endowments, foundations or memorials
- Travel by groups or individuals
- Anti-business groups
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender/sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other status protected by law
- Requests for capital campaigns or facility maintenance
Nonprofit organizations interested in requesting financial or product donations should submit requests to:
Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association
1275 Glenlivet Drive, Suite 100
Allentown, PA 18106-3107
Please include the following information:
- Organizational contact information including: name, address, telephone number and Web site
- Contact information for the organizational representative including name, title, address and telephone number (if different) and e-mail
- Brief background information on the organization including history, mission, activities, and programs
- Copy of the IRS exemption letter verifying 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Board list with professional affiliations of directors/trustees
- Purpose and objectives of the program
- Needs being addressed
- Plan of action and timeframe
- Total funding required and projected sources
- The amount requested
- How the project’s success will be determined/measured and how results will be communicated
- Specific ways the Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Dealers Association will be recognized
- Listing any vehicles owned by the organization and any and all relationships it has to car dealers, manufacturers, or other transportation resources
The proposing agency must be involved in providing services to children and should include a track record of such services in their application. If awarded, the successful applicant must submit a report detailing how funds were used, the impact they had on the agency’s service community, and how these programs or funds affected new donors, new clients, and other organizations. The successful applicant must also agree to appear at a future GLVADA Board or General Membership meeting to report on the successful grant and how it impacted program and recipients.
- GLVADA Charitable Contributions Committee and Board Approve Plan
- Press release to media, prior beneficiaries, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter, calling for funding requests
- August 6th – Deadline for funding requests for FY 2014 – 15 (July 1 to June 30)
- Charitable Contributions Committee meets recommends charities and funding amounts for year
- GLVADA Board meets to review committee recommendations and approves awards
- Awardees and applicants notified by September 30th
PLEASE NOTE: The association reserves the right to make changes to this plan and the policies contained within it at any time.